Adams, Hendon, Carson, Crow & Saenger, P.A.
Joseph Shepard Adams started his legal career in Asheville, North Carolina in 1872. In 1904, he was joined by his son, John Sneed Adams (Sneed), and together they formed the firm of Adams & Adams. Three years later another son, Junius G. Adams, Sr. (Junius), joined the firm.
The firm of Adams & Adams represented the estate of George W. Vanderbilt in the formation and operation of the Biltmore Company, the development of the Town of Biltmore Forest and the Biltmore Forest Country Club, and the sale of substantial land holdings to create the Pisgah National Forest. The firm also represented E.W. Grove with his real estate investments and development activities in Asheville, including the establishment of the Grove Park Inn and the Grove Arcade.
In 1920, James G. Merrimon and A. Hall Johnston joined Sneed and Junius, and this larger firm was renamed Merrimon Adams & Johnston. In 1932 Junius G. Adams, Jr. (June) joined the firm. After Hall Johnston left the firm and James Merrimon retired in 1935, the firm again assumed the name of Adams & Adams. Junius and his son June would practice together for the next 30 years, and in 1945 Junius’ other son, Joel Barber Adams (Joel) joined the firm.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.