Conner & Winters, LLP
Conner & Winters was founded in 1933 in Tulsa, Oklahoma, by Benjamin C. Conner and John M. Winters, Jr. The young firm was dealt a temporary setback when, on the day following formation of the partnership, President Franklin D. Roosevelt closed every bank in the nation by executive order, including the firm’s major client. The young lawyers persevered and today the bank’s successor continues to be a client. Tulsa, of course was an integral part of the oil and gas industry at this time and as the city burst onto the national scene, Ben Conner and John Winters began to establish a law firm that was prepared to meet the needs of the business community evolving around it.
The core activities of the young firm were initially in banking, real estate, trusts, probate, estate planning and the rapidly expanding field of oil and gas law. By the end of World War II, the firm’s practice had expanded into litigation; income, estate and gift taxation law; estate planning and corporate finance. As Tulsa prospered in the middle part of the century, Conner & Winters continued to establish a reputation as one of the most qualified firms in the city, providing legal representation for many of the most successful individuals and companies of the day.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.