The law firm was founded in 1974 when James L. Mazrum and Roger R. Bauer joined with Joel W. Gillard after the death of his father, Donald K. Gillard. The firm, formerly known as Gillard & Gillard, was established by Donald K. Gillard in 1924. James D. Florip joined the firm in 1979, William S. Smigelski in 1982, Timothy M. Gulden in 1988, Joel E. Bauer in 2003, Daniel J. Florip in 2006. Engaged in the general practice of law, the firm offers a wide range of legal services. The firm and its predecessors have been practicing law at the same location for over 75 years.