Isaacson and Raymond
Isaacson & Raymond is the product of the merger of two of Lewiston's oldest and most respected law offices, Isaacson, Hark & Epstein and Marshall & Raymond. Subsequently, the firm acquired one of Rumford's oldest and most respected firms, Whiting & Kendall.
Harris M. Isaacson, the founder of Isaacson, Hark & Epstein commenced his practice in 1922; John G. Marshall, who founded the Firm bearing his name, began his practice in 1930. Both men were highly respected general practitioners, sophisticated "country lawyers", with strong local orientation, active in community affairs and public service. Both died in the early 1980's. Whiting & Kendall was the outgrowth of a law practice opened in Rumford by Theodore Gonya who was joined shortly before his death in 1959 by Richard Whiting, with James Kendall entering the practice in 1968.
The founding partner of the present firm is Laurier T. Raymond, Jr. For thirty plus years, Attorney Raymond has held the distinguished Martindale Hubbell rating of “AV Preeminent.” All of the firm’s shareholders are residents of the Greater Lewiston/Auburn area and are active in community affairs and public service. The firm has grown to seven attorneys and over a dozen support staff. The firm is rated “AV” by Martindale-Hubbell the principal organization that evaluates law firms nationally. That rating is the highest that Martindale-Hubbell awards
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.