Meardon, Sueppel & Downer P.L.C.
In 1948, following graduation from the University of Iowa College of Law, William L. Meardon “hung out his shingle” at 22-1/2 South Dubuque Street in Iowa City, Iowa. Thus began the history of the firm now known as MEARDON, SUEPPEL & DOWNER P.L.C. Mr. Meardon went on to a distinguished career in the law, having served as Johnson County Attorney from 1951 to 1955 and later as a lecturer in trial practice at the University of Iowa College of Law. Mr. Meardon was a Fellow of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers, the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Iowa State Bar Foundation, and actively practiced until three days before his death on October 9,1997.
Meardon, Sueppel & Downer P.L.C. gradually grew to its present size of eleven (11) lawyers, who practice in a wide variety of fields, including trials and appeals in the Iowa and Federal Courts, banking, corporate, municipal, labor and employment, franchising and distribution, family, criminal, taxation, eminent domain, real estate, trusts and estates law, as well as tort, business and contract litigation and business and estate planning. In addition to its lawyers, Meardon, Sueppel & Downer P.L.C. employs a highly competent support staff of trained paraprofessionals.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.