Moore, McKibben, Goodman & Lorenz, LLP
MOORE, MCKIBBEN, GOODMAN & LORENZ, LLP.was founded in 1885 by B.F. Cummings. He was joined in the practice in 1896 by Gilbert Mote. The office obtained its first telephone in the year 1900. Over the years, the firm has been known as Cummings & Mote; Mote & Wilson; Mote, Wilson & Welp; Welp, Harrison, Brennecke & Moore; Moore, McKibben, Goodman, Lorenz & Ellefson, LLP; and its current name Moore, McKibben, Goodman & Lorenz, LLP.
For 131 years, we have provided a broad range of legal services to individuals and business clients throughout the counties of Marshall, Grundy, Hardin, Tama, Story, Jasper, and Poweshiek. We represent clients at every level of the Iowa state court system and in the United States Tax Court, District Courts and Court of Appeals. The firm has always been located in downtown Marshalltown. In 1960, the offices were moved to their present location on the 3rd floor of the Masonic Temple Building on the east side of the Courthouse Square.
Today, the law firm consists of lawyers whose practices include a broad range of legal fields. Our firm has the special and unusual honor of having had two of its members receive the Iowa State Bar Association's highest honor, the Award of Merit. The first to receive this recognition was Arley Wilson in 1977 followed by Allen Brennecke in 1987. Our firm has always promoted a culture of active participation by its members in professional and charitable community endeavors. As a result, the firm's members are actively involved in many professional areas of the law as well as in our community.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.