Patton, Hoversten & Berg, PA

The law firm Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A. (a professional corporation) traces its earliest history back to 1948, when William B. Patton opened the Owatonna office of a three person Waseca law firm known as Stone, Iversen and Patton. Bill had graduated from the University of Minnesota in 1948, with his law degree and his M.B.A., after service in the Navy in World War II.

In 1958, Bill Patton joined Einer Iversen in Waseca in the firm of Iversen & Patton. He was elected in 1962 to serve as Waseca City Attorney and continued until 1968 when he was elected Waseca County Attorney. Bill resigned as Waseca County Attorney in 1978 to continue full-time practice. He retired from the

practice of law in 1985, and passed away in 2001.

In 1974, William L. Hoversten opened Hoversten Law Office in Waseca. Bill had just finished a one-year clerkship with District Judge Urban Steimann serving the Faribault, Owatonna and Waseca area after receiving his law degree from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis, Missouri in May 1973. He was appointed as Assistant Waseca County Attorney in the fall of 1974. It was during this time of working with Bill Patton on county attorney cases that the idea of forming a new law firm came together. The law firm of Patton & Hoversten, P.A. was officially opened in Waseca on November 1, 1975, with offices at 215 Elm Avenue East, its present Waseca location.

In March 1982, Perry A. Berg joined the firm as an associate attorney. Perry came to the firm directly from the William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul after having served as a law clerk in the Dakota County Attorney's office. In September 1984, Perry became a shareholder in the firm. Since December of 1992, the law firm has been known as Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A.

Patton, Hoversten & Berg, P.A. is a general practice law firm serving clients in the Waseca County and Steele County areas. Building upon its well established foundation, the law firm has continued to grow to meet the legal needs of the area. The firm has an office on Park Square in downtown Owatonna in a building the firm restored to its turn-of-the-century character. The firm received the 2004 Historical Preservation Award from the Steele County Historical Society in recognition of the restoration.

Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.