Phillips, Gardill, Kaiser & Altmeyer, PLLC
|The firm originated in 1925 as Hall & Paul, practicing in the Board of Trade Building in Wheeling, West Virginia. John D. Phillips joined the firm (then known as Hall, Goodwin & Paul) in 1932. The firm grew and evolved under Mr. Phillips’ guidance, and now includes thirteen attorneys and a support staff of ten. Since 1993, the firm has practiced as Phillips, Gardill, Kaiser & Altmeyer. |
In 1980, the firm purchased the former office of Edward S. Phillips, at 61 Fourteenth Street in Wheeling, where it continues to practice today. The firm purchased and renovated a three story structure at 59 Fourteenth Street, built in 1889 by Dr. John C. Hupp, a famous Wheeling Physician, abolitionist and proponent of free education for black children and equal pay for female teachers. The structure houses the John D. Phillips Library. The renovation of the former Hupp house was recognized by the Friends of Wheeling for its preservation of Wheeling’s architectural heritage.
Phillips, Gardill, Kaiser & Altmeyer is engaged in the general practice of law including Corporate, Commercial, Tax, Labor, Probate, Banking, Employment and Workers’ Compensation, Real Estate and Litigation law. The members, associates and staff of the firm work to provide the high level of service, care and dedication to its clients that were the hallmarks of the firm’s founding members.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.