Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A.
WWR was founded in 1930 as Gardner & Spilka, a practice that focused on assisting local banks with recovering debt owed to them. In the mid-1950s Maurice Weltman became a partner and the firm name changed to Gardner, Spilka and Weltman. Maurice began expanding the client representation and, after the deaths of Mr. Gardner and Mr. Spilka, the firm became incorporated as Weltman, Sonkin, Melina and Roth Co., L.P.A on June 30, 1972. Several partners later left to pursue other interests in the late 1970s.
Bolstered by Cleveland partner Alan Weinberg’s efforts to grow the creditors’ rights practice, the firm—now run by Maurice’s grandson, Scott—became Weltman, Weinberg & Associates Co., L.P.A in 1979. To recognize the significant contributions made by the managing partner of the Columbus, Ohio office (Allen Reis), the firm changed its name in 1994 to Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., L.P.A.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.