William C. Holmes
William C. Holmes is a 2004 graduate of Northwestern University School of Law and Chicago-based entrepreneur and author.
Recent Articles by William C. Holmes
Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some common questions about them.
Here's an overview of the “right to privacy” for users of the Internet and, more specifically, social media users.
Have you become involved in a boundary dispute with your neighbor? There are several legal options to consider, including building a fence or enlisting a mediator. Find out more here.
All Articles by William C. Holmes
- Civil Law vs. Criminal Law
- What are My Privacy Rights in the Digital Age?
- Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options.
- Lost... and Found? The Law of Lost and Abandoned Items
- Downloading, File Sharing & Copyright Infringement: Where do the Boundaries Lie?
- The 6 Types of Liability Associated with Pet Ownership
- 7 Little-Known Rules Designed to Protect All Airline Passengers
- Are Parents Liable When Kids Misbehave?
- 5 Things TV and Movies Suggest About the Legal System that Would Not Happen in Real Life
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Who's Liable and Who Pays?
- 7 Things to Keep in Mind as You Prepare for Your Deposition
- Your Personal Injury Case: The 5 Stages to Expect
- Judicial vs. Non-Judicial Foreclosure
- Foreclosure: When You Need a Lawyer
- 7 Signs that You Need an Adoption Attorney
- An Overview of Same-Sex Adoption
- The Legal Basics of Adoption
- A Look at Social Security Disability Benefit Programs
- 5 Legal Issues Home Buyers Must Consider
- 6 Legal Considerations for Home Sellers
- An Overview of the Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Process
- An Overview of the Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Process
- 8 Things You Should Know About Bankruptcy