ALERT

[NEED LEGAL HELP?] Call our 24/7 Helpline: 1-866-723-4855

Mineral Right

Definition - What does Mineral Right mean?

A mineral right is a person's right to take or mine minerals out of the ground on a specific piece of property. The person who owns this right is legally entitled to minerals such as gold, silver, copper or others that they mine from the ground on the property.

Justipedia explains Mineral Right

Mineral rights can be transferred by the owner. Property owners often give up a certain percentage of their mineral rights to mining companies. So, for example, a person with property that contains gold may allow a mining company to keep 85% of what it mines on the property, while having to give the remaining 15% back to the owner. In this way, the property owner can get some of the minerals without having to do any actual mining.

Share this:

Connect with us

Find a Lawyer