Adams, R. Scott
Mr. Adams’ primary area of practice is consumer financial services law. He also focuses on banking & finance law and bankruptcy & creditors' rights law. Mr. Adams has extensive experience in electronic discovery law and in defending employers in complex workers' compensation and other labor & employment matters.
- Representing and counseling clients regarding numerous federal and state consumer protection laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Financial Privacy Act, Dodd-Frank Act, Truth-in-Lending Act, Regulation Z, the National Bank Act, and numerous state consumer protection laws
- Representing banks and other financial institutions in commercial loan transactions, "workout" of distressed assets, and commercial foreclosures
- Representing lenders and borrowers in asset-based lending
- Defending financial institutions and other creditors in litigation involving alleged violations of state and federal consumer protection laws in connection with home mortgage loans, unsecured loans, automobile financing, credit card accounts and consumer credit sales
- Representing clients in class actions regarding alleged violations of consumer protection statues and mortgage lending
- Representing financial institutions in bankruptcy courts, including adversary proceedings
- Extensive experience in litigating general civil litigation matters and obtaining favorable results through aggressive motion practice
- Representing self-insured employers and carriers in complex workers’ compensation cases before the North Carolina Industrial Commission
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.