For over 33 years, Allen H. Orenberg has practiced law in the Washington metropolitan area in local & federal courts, specializing in criminal defense law, appellate matters, and personal injury cases. He has served as lead trial counsel, and lead appellate counsel, in numerous State of Maryland, District of Columbia and federal cases. For example, Mr. Orenberg represents individuals (both adults and juveniles) accused of narcotics & weapons' offenses, money laundering, RICO prosecutions, public corruption, welfare fraud, computer crimes, alien smuggling, forfeitures, property offenses, traffic offenses (including DUI and DWI) and military courts' martial. He also represents clients before the SEC, NASD, IRS and the Maryland States Securities Commission.
The Firm represents numerous clients concerning allegations of academic misconduct, (e.g., plagiarism and cheating) research misconduct, grant fraud, as well as teachers with employment disputes. Such proceedings are technically not criminal in nature, but an administrative finding of guilt can have a permanent impact on your career. In this regard, Mr. Orenberg represents students and teachers of all ages, including those attending metropolitan area high schools, colleges and universities.
Mr. Orenberg regularly counsels and represents injured persons who have claims against another person(s) and/or an insurance company. He helps individuals get their lives back on track after suffering serious personal injuries due to the negligence of others. If you or a loved one has been the victim of an accident or possible medical malpractice, do not hesitate to contact the Firm to discuss your situation and available rights.
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas: May, 1980 -- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Honors: Giles S. Rich Moot Court National Finals, 1980
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland, 1977 -- B.A., Political Science
- United States Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, D.C. Circuit, and other Federal Circuits
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, District of Columbia, and the District of Colorado
- Maryland Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- Maryland Bar Association, D.C. Bar Association, Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland, Maryland Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Former President of the D.C. Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (1996-1998), Simon E. Sobeloff Law Society, U.S. District Court (D.C.) Civil Pro Bono Panel
- AV rated by Martindale - Hubbell
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.