John T. Lay Jr.
John T. Lay, Jr. has over 20 years of experience managing complex, high-stakes litigation for clients, and has tried more than 100 cases to verdict. He has also handled appeals at the SC Court of Appeals, the South Carolina Supreme Court, the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court. As a member of GWB’s Business and Commercial Practice Group, he focuses on business litigation, professional malpractice, insurance bad faith and coverage, financial services litigation, and product liability. Some of his most notable cases have included:
- Multi-million dollar class action suits
- Death and catastrophic injury product claims including pharmaceutical products
- Allegations involving professional negligence of doctors and lawyers
- High-profile business disputes between corporate interests
- Representation of lenders in multi-party financial fraud claims
- Insurance institutional bad faith litigation
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.