Mr. Evans is a shareholder/principal of the present firm and serves as corporate secretary.He received his undergraduate degree (BA) from Amherst College in 1953. He graduated from Harvard Law School (LLB) in 1956. He was on active duty in the U.S. Army from October 1956 to July 1958, working as an attorney in the office of the Judge Advocate General at Ft. Gordon, Georgia. After a short period of employment as an attorney in the trust department of City National Bank in Detroit, he joined the Detroit firm of Benjamin H. Long. From 1959 to 1971 he continued as a member and then a partner of that firm, which changed its name to Long, Preston, Evans and Kinnaird. Mr. Evans, with Peter and Philip Vestevich, and James Dritsas, formed the Bloomfield Hills firm of Vestevich, Dritsas, Evans & Vestevich in 1972. Mr. Evans continued with that firm until 1991, when it merged with Dahlberg, Mallender and Gawne, a firm with a history in Detroit and Oakland County dating back to 1846.