Louis E. Jungbauer
Lou Jungbauer has been an attorney with YJB since 1981 and a partner since 1991. Some of the cases he has handled include:
- Frank Aloi vs. Union Pacific RR, during which a Denver, Colorado jury returned a verdict of $6 million in damages, at the time the highest FELA verdict in history.
- A 1988 case involving a car-train crash in northwestern Illinois, in which he obtained a then-record $1,250,000 structured settlement on behalf of a four year old boy, whose mother and unborn sibling were killed in the grade-crossing accident.
- A confidential record settlement on behalf of a locomotive engineer involved in a collision between two trains, using the theory of negligent promotion, where the Defendant Railroad certified an engineer who clearly shouldn't have been.
- A confidential record settlement in a single inhalation case, where his client had been trapped in a locomotive engine cab, which started on fire.
- A confidential record settlement in a PTSD ( post-traumatic stress disorder ) case, where the engineer's train struck a "runaway freight car," leaving the engineer unable to return to work.
- A confidential settlement in a traumatic brain injury case, in which a 61 year old conductor was injured in a caboose derailment case.
- Two cases where the railroad fired the worker for turning in personal injury report forms, assisting the worker's union officials in obtaining the employee's reinstatement with full back pay.
- Winning the job back of a North Platte, NE machinist.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.