- United States Supreme Court; United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; United States District Court, District of South Carolina; South Carolina Bar
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Davidson College, A.B., History, with honors, 1995; Spent junior year (1993-94) studying at Mansfield College, Oxford University, United Kingdom
- Judicial Conference of the Fourth Circuit, Permanent Member; South Carolina Bar; Spartanburg County Bar Association
- Spartanburg Regional Foundation Heart Division Board of Directors; Piedmont Interstate Fair Association Board of Directors; Hub City Writers Project, Inc. Board of Directors; Spartanburg County Historical Association Board of Directors; United Way of the Piedmont Board of Directors; Chairman, Spartanburg Community College Foundation Board of Directors; Chairman, City of Spartanburg Board of Zoning Appeals; Secretary, American Red Cross Board of Directors, Piedmont Chapter; Advisory Board, Salvation Army; Leadership Spartanburg.
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.