Rayford K. (Trip) Adams III
Mr. Adams’s primary practice areas are bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and commercial disputes and workouts. He has more than thirty years of experience in all aspects of bankruptcy matters and has represented creditors, lessors, committees, debtors, guarantors, and trustees in a broad range of matters.
- Representing creditors, creditors' committees, and debtors in bankruptcy cases and troubled loan workouts, including matters involving health care entities, real estate developers, builders, commercial real estate lessors and tenants, manufacturing enterprises, retailers, religious organizations, and individuals
- Representing creditors and debtors in bankruptcy litigation matters, including preference and fraudulent transfer defense, relief from stay, lease rejection, cash collateral, claim objections, section 363 bankruptcy sales, dischargeability, denial of discharge, chapter 11 plan confirmation, defense of involuntary bankruptcy petitions, constructive trust litigation, and related bankruptcy matters
- Representing clients in bankruptcy appeals in the United States District Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States
- Representing buyers and sellers in asset and stock purchases of businesses
- Representing commercial lessors and tenants in lease negotiations
- Representing parties in commercial litigation involving breach of contract and business torts
- Selected as the receiver in state court receivership
- Former Chapter 13 Standing Trustee for the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of North Carolina, Winston-Salem Division
Attention Lawyers - sign up here to join the directory.