Legal

How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps

Has the time come to wind up your company? If so, there are certain things to know about the dissolution process. From notifying employees...

How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help

Did you know that it's possible to create a legally enforceable contract without a lawyer's help? However, to ensure that the contract's...

An Intro to Legal Fees: What Lawyers Charge, Why, and How You Can Save An Intro to Legal Fees: What Lawyers Charge, Why, and How You Can Save An Intro to Legal Fees: What Lawyers Charge, Why, and How You Can Save An Intro to Legal Fees: What Lawyers Charge, Why, and How You Can Save

Attorney fees can vary wildly based on a number of factors. We provide some guidelines on how lawyers charge—and how you can reduce what...

The Basics of Posting Bail The Basics of Posting Bail The Basics of Posting Bail The Basics of Posting Bail

Bail and the process surrounding it can be confusing to even the most seasoned defendant; however, the fundamental principles behind it are...

Got a Legal Problem? When and How to Seek Legal Advice Got a Legal Problem? When and How to Seek Legal Advice Got a Legal Problem? When and How to Seek Legal Advice Got a Legal Problem? When and How to Seek Legal Advice

If you've run into legal trouble or have questions, there are several routes that you can take, from representing yourself to consulting...

The Definition of Detention and How It Affects Your Legal Rights The Definition of Detention and How It Affects Your Legal Rights The Definition of Detention and How It Affects Your Legal Rights The Definition of Detention and How It Affects Your Legal Rights

The definition of when a detention or an arrest occurs has become one of the most important and heavily debated issues in criminal defense....

Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer!

Has your insurance claim been unsuccessful? You might have cause of action for a lawsuit. This article discusses 9 key points to consider...

A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System

The vast majority of criminals are never pardoned. Although rare, however, pardons do still happen on occasion—but not without their fair...

What Are the Legal Rights of Customers During Debt Collection? What Are the Legal Rights of Customers During Debt Collection? What Are the Legal Rights of Customers During Debt Collection? What Are the Legal Rights of Customers During Debt Collection?

Feeling short of money or falling behind on loan payments is an experience that no one enjoys. Constant collection calls from creditors...

The 3 Types of Crimes and What They Mean The 3 Types of Crimes and What They Mean The 3 Types of Crimes and What They Mean The 3 Types of Crimes and What They Mean

Most states divide crimes into three categories: felonies, misdemeanors and infractions. Although the details sometimes vary from state to...

8 Steps to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit 8 Steps to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit 8 Steps to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit 8 Steps to Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit

If you've been injured due to the negligence of another person or entity, you may have the right to seek compensation by filing an injury...

An In-Depth Look at the Legal Side of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect An In-Depth Look at the Legal Side of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect An In-Depth Look at the Legal Side of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect An In-Depth Look at the Legal Side of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect

Older people are legally protected by elder law, which covers nursing home abuse and neglect. In this article, we take a look at the...

Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation?

Was a damaging online review posted about your business? Before you take any action, familiarize yourself with defamation, libel and...

9 Steps to Filing for Divorce 9 Steps to Filing for Divorce 9 Steps to Filing for Divorce 9 Steps to Filing for Divorce

Once the decision has been made to file for divorce, there are a number of steps that must be taken if you want the process to go as...