ALERT

[NEED LEGAL HELP?] Call our 24/7 Helpline: 1-866-723-4855

Law

Crimes at Sea: 7 Ways to Break Maritime Law Crimes at Sea: 7 Ways to Break Maritime Law Crimes at Sea: 7 Ways to Break Maritime Law Crimes at Sea: 7 Ways to Break Maritime Law

Avoid committing a crime on the high seas; learn about the 7 ways in which you can break maritime law.

Top Environmental Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Environmental Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Environmental Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Environmental Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter

Want to keep informed and up to date about policies & regulations related to natural resources? To help you get the information that you...

The A to Z of Jurisdictions You Need to Know About The A to Z of Jurisdictions You Need to Know About The A to Z of Jurisdictions You Need to Know About The A to Z of Jurisdictions You Need to Know About

Wondering what 'jurisdiction' is and how it affects courts & cases? Learn about the different types of jurisdictions here.

5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of

Sex crimes can vary widely in nature and in severity, and have a major impact on the lives of both the victim and perpetrator. From...

Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay

Do you work in Texas? Depending on your occupation / employment contract, you could be either eligible for or exempt from the minimum wage...

Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server

The restaurant business is one of the most common violators of wage laws. If you work at one, it's important to understand your rights...

Everything You Need to Know About Evidence Everything You Need to Know About Evidence Everything You Need to Know About Evidence Everything You Need to Know About Evidence

Many different kinds of evidence can be used in a court case. However, they have to adhere to certain standards in order to be admissible....

The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes

BAC, D&D, IOP... what do these signify when it comes to the law? We take a look at some of the common abbreviations used for drug and...

Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer! Help! I Think I Need to Sue My Insurer!

Has your insurance claim been unsuccessful? You might have cause of action for a lawsuit. This article discusses 9 key points to consider...

A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System

The vast majority of criminals are never pardoned. Although rare, however, pardons do still happen on occasion—but not without their fair...

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

What Are My Privacy Rights in the Digital Age? What Are My Privacy Rights in the Digital Age? What Are My Privacy Rights in the Digital Age? What Are My Privacy Rights in the Digital Age?

Wondering about your privacy rights in the Digital Age? Here's an overview of the “right to privacy” for users of the internet and, more...

INFOGRAPHIC:  The 13 Worst States to Be a Burglar INFOGRAPHIC:  The 13 Worst States to Be a Burglar INFOGRAPHIC:  The 13 Worst States to Be a Burglar INFOGRAPHIC:  The 13 Worst States to Be a Burglar

Being caught and found guilty for burglary can earn you anything from a slap on the wrist to a lifetime in prison! In this infographic,...

6 Things Every Criminal Defendant Should Receive 6 Things Every Criminal Defendant Should Receive 6 Things Every Criminal Defendant Should Receive 6 Things Every Criminal Defendant Should Receive

Once charged with a crime, a person becomes a criminal defendant and the state has to prove its case against the suspect. Every criminal...

INFOGRAPHIC: A Look at Marijuana Law in the U.S. INFOGRAPHIC: A Look at Marijuana Law in the U.S. INFOGRAPHIC: A Look at Marijuana Law in the U.S. INFOGRAPHIC: A Look at Marijuana Law in the U.S.

From the harshest sentences and cost of prohibition, to racial inequality and current trends, here's a look at the past, present and future...

How Sex Offender Laws Can Change a Life How Sex Offender Laws Can Change a Life How Sex Offender Laws Can Change a Life How Sex Offender Laws Can Change a Life

Sex offenses can take on many different forms, from rape to indecent assault to internet sex crimes. Unfortunately, Pennsylvania sex...

What to Do if Your Loved One Has Been Arrested for a Federal Crime What to Do if Your Loved One Has Been Arrested for a Federal Crime What to Do if Your Loved One Has Been Arrested for a Federal Crime What to Do if Your Loved One Has Been Arrested for a Federal Crime

The federal law enforcement apparatus appears stronger than ever, resulting in more and more arrests. This puts the loved ones of targets...

New DWI Law in Texas: Effective September 1, 2015 New DWI Law in Texas: Effective September 1, 2015 New DWI Law in Texas: Effective September 1, 2015 New DWI Law in Texas: Effective September 1, 2015

Effective September 1, 2015, an ignition interlock device is required to be installed in any vehicle operated by an individual convicted of...

How You May Be Able to Avoid Jail Time by Serving House Arrest How You May Be Able to Avoid Jail Time by Serving House Arrest How You May Be Able to Avoid Jail Time by Serving House Arrest How You May Be Able to Avoid Jail Time by Serving House Arrest

House arrest allows you to serve out your jail sentence from the comfort of your home, while simultaneously saving the state money by not...