ALERT

[NEED LEGAL HELP?] Call our 24/7 Helpline: 1-866-723-4855

Civil Law

What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages?

From overtime compensation and wage deductions to tips and services charges, there are several things that chauffeurs need to know about...

7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave

The Family and Medical Leave acts provides employees with 12 weeks of job-protected leave per year. However, there are several conditions...

What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination

The Pregnancy Discrimination Act makes it unlawful for an employer to discriminate on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical...

Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay Texas Labor Laws: Minimum Wage & Overtime Pay

Do you work in Texas? Depending on your occupation / employment contract, you could be either eligible for or exempt from the minimum wage...

Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server Wage Laws: Know Your Rights as a Restaurant Server

The restaurant business is one of the most common violators of wage laws. If you work at one, it's important to understand your rights...

How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help How to Set Up an Enforceable Contract Without Legal Help

Did you know that it's possible to create a legally enforceable contract without a lawyer's help? However, to ensure that the contract's...

How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps How to Legally Dissolve Your Business in 5 Steps

Has the time come to wind up your company? If so, there are certain things to know about the dissolution process. From notifying employees...

Top Digital/Internet Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Digital/Internet Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Digital/Internet Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Digital/Internet Law Feeds to Follow on Twitter

Cyberlaw, digital law or internet law is a complex legal field comprised of many areas. Here, we've compiled a list of the top Twitter...

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options.

Have you become involved in a boundary dispute with your neighbor? There are several legal options to consider, including building a fence...

Top Civil Rights Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Civil Rights Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Civil Rights Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top Civil Rights Feeds to Follow on Twitter

Want to learn more about civil rights? We've compiled a list of the most influential feeds on Twitter that bring you civil rights news,...

4 Legal Rights Now Available to LGBT Couples 4 Legal Rights Now Available to LGBT Couples 4 Legal Rights Now Available to LGBT Couples 4 Legal Rights Now Available to LGBT Couples

The recent Supreme Court ruling that same-sex marriages are now legal in all 50 states has potentially done much more than just allow...

Lost... and Found? The Law of Lost and Abandoned Items Lost... and Found? The Law of Lost and Abandoned Items Lost... and Found? The Law of Lost and Abandoned Items Lost... and Found? The Law of Lost and Abandoned Items

What would you do if you found something valuable? Keep it, leave it or return it to its rightful owner? Well, by law, the actions required...

Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation?

Was a damaging online review posted about your business? Before you take any action, familiarize yourself with defamation, libel and...

The Most Common Complaint in Overtime Lawsuits is Hard to Stomach The Most Common Complaint in Overtime Lawsuits is Hard to Stomach The Most Common Complaint in Overtime Lawsuits is Hard to Stomach The Most Common Complaint in Overtime Lawsuits is Hard to Stomach

There are actually minimal national labor laws in the United States, even though the opposite is often assumed. While overtime pay is a...

7 Little-Known Rules Designed to Protect All Airline Passengers 7 Little-Known Rules Designed to Protect All Airline Passengers 7 Little-Known Rules Designed to Protect All Airline Passengers 7 Little-Known Rules Designed to Protect All Airline Passengers

Flights often fail to go as planned, but there are laws in place to protect passengers who are inconvenienced, experience losses or are...

5 Types of Employment Discrimination You Should Know 5 Types of Employment Discrimination You Should Know 5 Types of Employment Discrimination You Should Know 5 Types of Employment Discrimination You Should Know

Have you faced discrimination in the workplace because of your gender, race, religion or some other reason? Well, there are...

A Quick Introduction to Libel and Slander A Quick Introduction to Libel and Slander A Quick Introduction to Libel and Slander A Quick Introduction to Libel and Slander

Although defamation is not considered a criminal offense, if you have been defamed by another person and the defamation has caused loss or...

Losing or Leaving a Job? Know Your Rights Losing or Leaving a Job? Know Your Rights Losing or Leaving a Job? Know Your Rights Losing or Leaving a Job? Know Your Rights

Nothing lasts forever, including employment. If your job is coming to an end (voluntarily or otherwise), there are some legal protections...