ALERT

[NEED LEGAL HELP?] Call our 24/7 Helpline: 1-866-723-4855

Criminal

The Digital Underworld: 10 of the Most Common Cybercrimes The Digital Underworld: 10 of the Most Common Cybercrimes The Digital Underworld: 10 of the Most Common Cybercrimes The Digital Underworld: 10 of the Most Common Cybercrimes

Cybercrimes vary greatly, and some can even lead to death. Knowledge and vigilance is key to avoid becoming a victim, so learn about the...

Disbarment: How Attorneys End Up on the Wrong Side of the Law Disbarment: How Attorneys End Up on the Wrong Side of the Law Disbarment: How Attorneys End Up on the Wrong Side of the Law Disbarment: How Attorneys End Up on the Wrong Side of the Law

Lawyers are considered the guardians of justice, but sometimes, they're the ones who break the law. Find out how an attorney can lose their...

What Do I Need to Know About Admitting Guilt? What Do I Need to Know About Admitting Guilt? What Do I Need to Know About Admitting Guilt? What Do I Need to Know About Admitting Guilt?

Thinking about confessing that you committed a crime? Before doing so, there are several things to know about making an admission of guilt....

5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of 5 Kinds of Sex Crimes to Be Aware Of

Sex crimes can vary widely in nature and in severity, and have a major impact on the lives of both the victim and perpetrator. From...

8 Things You Need to Know About Parole 8 Things You Need to Know About Parole 8 Things You Need to Know About Parole 8 Things You Need to Know About Parole

Over 640,000 individuals are released from prison each year in America, many of whom wind up in front of a parole officer. If you're one of...

4 Common Questions About Making a Citizen's Arrest 4 Common Questions About Making a Citizen's Arrest 4 Common Questions About Making a Citizen's Arrest 4 Common Questions About Making a Citizen's Arrest

Making a citizen’s arrest may seem like a noble gesture, but it could land you in an expensive legal minefield. Here's what you need to...

Disturbing the Peace: An Overview of Public-Order Crimes Disturbing the Peace: An Overview of Public-Order Crimes Disturbing the Peace: An Overview of Public-Order Crimes Disturbing the Peace: An Overview of Public-Order Crimes

Although victimless, a public-order crime is a breach of the peace and those charged with it can face fines or jail time. However,...

How to Avoid a DUI Conviction How to Avoid a DUI Conviction How to Avoid a DUI Conviction How to Avoid a DUI Conviction

If you're caught in the act of driving under the influence, there's a good chance that you could get convicted for it. However, there are...

The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes The ABCs of Drug and Alcohol-Related Crimes

BAC, D&D, IOP... what do these signify when it comes to the law? We take a look at some of the common abbreviations used for drug and...

A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System A Look at Pardons in the Legal System

The vast majority of criminals are never pardoned. Although rare, however, pardons do still happen on occasion—but not without their fair...

But I'm Guilty: What to Do if You've Committed a Crime But I'm Guilty: What to Do if You've Committed a Crime But I'm Guilty: What to Do if You've Committed a Crime But I'm Guilty: What to Do if You've Committed a Crime

Are you guilty of committing a crime? Whether you've been charged with a minor or serious offense, your best option is to retain a good...

Do You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer? Do You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer? Do You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer? Do You Need a Criminal Defense Lawyer?

If you've been charged with a crime, you may be scared and not sure what to do next. You might even be tempted to represent yourself in...

How to Search for Criminal Records and Arrest Records How to Search for Criminal Records and Arrest Records How to Search for Criminal Records and Arrest Records How to Search for Criminal Records and Arrest Records

Criminal records and arrest records provide important information about a person's history with law enforcement. Both of these are public...

The 10 Most Notorious Wrongful Convictions (and Why They Happened) The 10 Most Notorious Wrongful Convictions (and Why They Happened) The 10 Most Notorious Wrongful Convictions (and Why They Happened) The 10 Most Notorious Wrongful Convictions (and Why They Happened)

A wrongful conviction is one of the worst things that could happen to a person. Justipedia takes a look at the most notorious of such cases...

4 Types of Warrants to Know 4 Types of Warrants to Know 4 Types of Warrants to Know 4 Types of Warrants to Know

A warrant is a court order that gives permission and instructions to law enforcement officers to perform certain actions. There are...

Top DUI/DWI Legal Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top DUI/DWI Legal Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top DUI/DWI Legal Feeds to Follow on Twitter Top DUI/DWI Legal Feeds to Follow on Twitter

Want to learn more about DUI/DWI law, news and insight? We've compiled a list of the most influential attorneys and resources who are...

9 Common Questions About Indictments 9 Common Questions About Indictments 9 Common Questions About Indictments 9 Common Questions About Indictments

Indictments usually lead to full criminal trials, which can lead to severe legal punishments. So, many people often have questions about...

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

Fees, Fines and Freedom: The Cost of Being Convicted of a Crime Fees, Fines and Freedom: The Cost of Being Convicted of a Crime Fees, Fines and Freedom: The Cost of Being Convicted of a Crime Fees, Fines and Freedom: The Cost of Being Convicted of a Crime

Freedom is not the only thing that you stand to lose if convicted of a crime. There are also many fees and fines involved. Learn more about...