Tort Law

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court

Facing small claims court? We've compiled a short but helpful post on small claims, how they work, how to file them and what to expect....

What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite?

Being bitten by a dog can be a miserable experience, but you can take action against a negligent owner. This article looks at the dog bite...

Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options. Help! I'm in a Boundary Dispute with My Neighbor and Need to Know My Legal Options.

Have you become involved in a boundary dispute with your neighbor? There are several legal options to consider, including building a fence...

9 Ways You’re Unintentionally Committing Fraud 9 Ways You’re Unintentionally Committing Fraud 9 Ways You’re Unintentionally Committing Fraud 9 Ways You’re Unintentionally Committing Fraud

From logging into another person's social media account to using a Wi-Fi connection without permission, there are several ways that you...

Understanding Breach of Care Understanding Breach of Care Understanding Breach of Care Understanding Breach of Care

Patients injured due to the negligent actions of a medical professional may have the right to file a medical malpractice claim and receive...

Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation? Can an Online Business Review be Considered Defamation?

Was a damaging online review posted about your business? Before you take any action, familiarize yourself with defamation, libel and...

INFOGRAPHIC: Fascinating Facts about Class Action Lawsuits INFOGRAPHIC: Fascinating Facts about Class Action Lawsuits INFOGRAPHIC: Fascinating Facts about Class Action Lawsuits INFOGRAPHIC: Fascinating Facts about Class Action Lawsuits

Did you know that collective lawsuits originated in the USA and continue to be a mainly U.S. phenomenon? Find out more in this inforgraphic...