Your Rights

The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage

Are you in a common-law marriage and, if so, what are the legal disadvantages of being in one? We've got these answers to these questions...

The Top 8 Defenses of the Criminal Defendant The Top 8 Defenses of the Criminal Defendant The Top 8 Defenses of the Criminal Defendant The Top 8 Defenses of the Criminal Defendant

Been charged with a crime and due to be tried in court? From denial to disorder to duress, there's a variety of common defenses available...

What Is the Legal Extent of Police Power in America? What Is the Legal Extent of Police Power in America? What Is the Legal Extent of Police Power in America? What Is the Legal Extent of Police Power in America?

While police department and members of law enforcement have police powers in America, these powers aren't unlimited. Find out more about...

Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court Your Quick Guide to Small Claims Court

Facing small claims court? We've compiled a short but helpful post on small claims, how they work, how to file them and what to expect....

4 Things to Ask if You Work Overtime in a Retirement Home 4 Things to Ask if You Work Overtime in a Retirement Home 4 Things to Ask if You Work Overtime in a Retirement Home 4 Things to Ask if You Work Overtime in a Retirement Home

Are you an employee in a retirement home and working overtime? You have the right to be compensated for the extra hours your put in. In...

Wrongful Termination in Texas: Your Questions Answered Wrongful Termination in Texas: Your Questions Answered Wrongful Termination in Texas: Your Questions Answered Wrongful Termination in Texas: Your Questions Answered

Are you facing wrongful termination in Texas? A labor attorney explains what you need to know about at-will employment, illegal reasons for...

5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord

Are you a landlord? You have some key rights to be aware of, which can help you prevent yourself from being taken advantage of. Learn more...

6 Legal Rights You Need to Know as a Tenant 6 Legal Rights You Need to Know as a Tenant 6 Legal Rights You Need to Know as a Tenant 6 Legal Rights You Need to Know as a Tenant

Are you renting property for commercial or residential reasons? If so, it's important to be aware of your tenant rights so that you can...

What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite?

Being bitten by a dog can be a miserable experience, but you can take action against a negligent owner. This article looks at the dog bite...

The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation

Are you at the stage where you have to determine child visitation? We've got the answers to some common concerns, such as changing...

What Benefits Are Veterans Legally Entitled To? What Benefits Are Veterans Legally Entitled To? What Benefits Are Veterans Legally Entitled To? What Benefits Are Veterans Legally Entitled To?

Depending on how they were discharged, veterans who served in the U.S. military could be eligible for many benefits ranging from VA home...

How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone

Are you being harassed or threatened, and do you fear for your safety? The justice system can protect you; find out how to get a...

Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation

Are you a minor and seeking emancipation? It's not easy or quick, and you'll probably have to go through the courts to obtain it. Learn...

What Should I Do if I'm the Victim of Stalking? What Should I Do if I'm the Victim of Stalking? What Should I Do if I'm the Victim of Stalking? What Should I Do if I'm the Victim of Stalking?

Are you the victim of stalking and fear for your safety? Use the law to protect yourself with these 5 steps ...

Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare

Have you been called for jury duty? From receiving your summons to delivering a verdict, we explain the process in 4 stages. Learn about it...

3 Things You Need to Know About Workplace Retaliation 3 Things You Need to Know About Workplace Retaliation 3 Things You Need to Know About Workplace Retaliation 3 Things You Need to Know About Workplace Retaliation

Are you afraid of workplace retaliation after opposing or filing a complaint against discrimination or harassment? Your rights are...

An Overview of Pro Se Legal Representation in the United States An Overview of Pro Se Legal Representation in the United States An Overview of Pro Se Legal Representation in the United States An Overview of Pro Se Legal Representation in the United States

'He who represents himself has a fool for a client,' said Abraham Lincoln. However, pro se legal representation is becoming more and more...

How to Determine Whether a Tip Pool Is Legal How to Determine Whether a Tip Pool Is Legal How to Determine Whether a Tip Pool Is Legal How to Determine Whether a Tip Pool Is Legal

Are you sharing your tips with the wrong employees? Are your employers using tip funds for business expenses? If so, the tip pool you're...

What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages? What Should Chauffeurs Know About Their Wages?

From overtime compensation and wage deductions to tips and services charges, there are several things that chauffeurs need to know about...