Family Law

Divorcing? Here's What You Need to Know About Community Property Divorcing? Here's What You Need to Know About Community Property Divorcing? Here's What You Need to Know About Community Property Divorcing? Here's What You Need to Know About Community Property

Community property is a legal doctrine that doesn’t require actual title or a name on the property. Find out how it'll impact your divorce.

The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage

Are you in a common-law marriage and, if so, what are the legal disadvantages of being in one? We've got these answers to these questions...

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

4 Things to Know About Child Custody in Nevada 4 Things to Know About Child Custody in Nevada 4 Things to Know About Child Custody in Nevada 4 Things to Know About Child Custody in Nevada

Facing a child custody battle in Nevada? A top divorce attorney from the state explains what you need to know about the types of custody,...

The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation The 6 Most Common Concerns About Child Visitation

Are you at the stage where you have to determine child visitation? We've got the answers to some common concerns, such as changing...

Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation Everything You Need to Know About Emancipation

Are you a minor and seeking emancipation? It's not easy or quick, and you'll probably have to go through the courts to obtain it. Learn...

How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone How to Get a Restraining Order Against Someone

Are you being harassed or threatened, and do you fear for your safety? The justice system can protect you; find out how to get a...

How to Make a Last Will and Testament How to Make a Last Will and Testament How to Make a Last Will and Testament How to Make a Last Will and Testament

In the event of your death, you wouldn't want decisions regarding your children, assets and property to be left up to the state. Learn how...

Annulment, Separation or Divorce: Which Is the Best Option for Me? Annulment, Separation or Divorce: Which Is the Best Option for Me? Annulment, Separation or Divorce: Which Is the Best Option for Me? Annulment, Separation or Divorce: Which Is the Best Option for Me?

Ending your marriage but not sure whether to choose an annulment, separation or divorce? A lawyer has advice about the best option for your...

DIY Divorce: How to End Your Marriage Without Legal Help DIY Divorce: How to End Your Marriage Without Legal Help DIY Divorce: How to End Your Marriage Without Legal Help DIY Divorce: How to End Your Marriage Without Legal Help

Ending your marriage without legal help can save you time, money and stress. In this article, you'll find out whether you and your spouse...

7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave 7 Common Questions About Family and Medical Leave

The Family and Medical Leave acts provides employees with 12 weeks of job-protected leave per year. However, there are several conditions...

What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination What You Need to Know About Pregnancy Discrimination

The Pregnancy Discrimination Act makes it unlawful for an employer to discriminate on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical...

Top Divorce Lawyers & Legal Resources to Follow on Twitter Top Divorce Lawyers & Legal Resources to Follow on Twitter Top Divorce Lawyers & Legal Resources to Follow on Twitter Top Divorce Lawyers & Legal Resources to Follow on Twitter

Divorce is a very stressful event in life and happens to about 50% of people who are getting married for the first time. So, we've compiled...

Divorce: How to Divide Things Up Divorce: How to Divide Things Up Divorce: How to Divide Things Up Divorce: How to Divide Things Up

One of the primary goals of a successful divorce is the equitable division of marital assets and debts. Find out what steps to take and...

10 Things to Know about Child Support 10 Things to Know about Child Support 10 Things to Know about Child Support 10 Things to Know about Child Support

Trying to figure out child support? Here are 10 of the most important things to know and understand about the process.

All About Alimony All About Alimony All About Alimony All About Alimony

Alimony is a simple concept, but the details can get very, very complicated. Find out how it works in this Justipedia article.

Child Support: How Much Will I Pay? Child Support: How Much Will I Pay? Child Support: How Much Will I Pay? Child Support: How Much Will I Pay?

Child support laws vary from state to state, but there are some general rules that apply to most if not all cases. Here, we answer your...

7 Lessons You Can Learn from Celebrity Divorces 7 Lessons You Can Learn from Celebrity Divorces 7 Lessons You Can Learn from Celebrity Divorces 7 Lessons You Can Learn from Celebrity Divorces

When it comes to celebrity divorces, courts are obliged to make judgments based on the facts, not on media stories and public opinion. Here...

Are Parents Liable When Kids Misbehave? Are Parents Liable When Kids Misbehave? Are Parents Liable When Kids Misbehave? Are Parents Liable When Kids Misbehave?

Parents often feel responsible for their kids' actions. As it turns out, they may also be liable. Here, we take a look at what parents are...