Common Law

The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage The Legal Limitations of a Common-Law Marriage

Are you in a common-law marriage and, if so, what are the legal disadvantages of being in one? We've got these answers to these questions...

Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law Civil Law vs. Criminal Law

Wondering about the differences between civil law and criminal law? Here, we take a look at the origins of each field and answer some...

5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord 5 Rights You Need to Be Aware of as a Landlord

Are you a landlord? You have some key rights to be aware of, which can help you prevent yourself from being taken advantage of. Learn more...

7 Things to Avoid if You Don't Want to Be Held in Contempt of Court 7 Things to Avoid if You Don't Want to Be Held in Contempt of Court 7 Things to Avoid if You Don't Want to Be Held in Contempt of Court 7 Things to Avoid if You Don't Want to Be Held in Contempt of Court

Being held in contempt of court has consequences ranging from fines to jail time. If you want to avoid it, here's what not to do.

What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite? What Are My Legal Rights After a Dog Bite?

Being bitten by a dog can be a miserable experience, but you can take action against a negligent owner. This article looks at the dog bite...

Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare Jury Duty: What to Expect and How to Prepare

Have you been called for jury duty? From receiving your summons to delivering a verdict, we explain the process in 4 stages. Learn about it...